Join Arizona State Senator Karen Fann and the leadership teams of ASA of Arizona and Arizonans for Fair Contracting on Friday, September 14, 2018 from 10:00 to 11:15 AM for an update on SB1271/risk transfer reform efforts, the function of the Construction Liability Apportionment Study Committee (CLASC), role of technical experts, current industry collaboration, and how you and your business can support the effort.
Lovitt & Touché Training Center
1050 W. Washington St., Ste. 201
Tempe, AZ 85281
CLASC is tasked to conduct research and take testimony to produce recommendations for Governor Doug Ducey on:
- The use of an indemnity provision in construction contracts;
- The allocation of liability based on degree of fault;
- The assignment of financial responsibility to negligent parties;
- The opportunity to address and remedy alleged construction defects prior to litigation;
- The frequency of construction defect litigation; and
- The affordability of insurance costs associated with construction claims.
Seating for this complementary update on SB1271 is limited, so register today. You can also contact Edel in the ASA of Arizona office at (602) 274-8979 with any questions.