Its official! Senate President Karen Fann officially introduced SB1271 earlier this week and we expect to have information on the committee assignment and first hearing soon. If the bill number sounds familiar, it should — it’s the same bill number as last year. You can access a copy of the bill by clicking here.
In the coming weeks we will need your assistance on several fronts and hope that we can count on your support.
- Please send a quick note thanking President Fann for her continued support and let her know that you appreciate her effort to pursue proportional liability on behalf of trade contractors statewide. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (602) 926-5874.
- Overall outreach to Legislators and specific committee members will be critical. Often there are key legislators that need to hear from members of industry. Being able to identify the legislative districts of our members businesses is very important. ASA staff has identified the Legislative District for the business address we have on record for your membership. However, if you have multiple offices in the Valley or across the state having that information will be extremely helpful, and we encourage you to send information on any additional business locations to us as soon as possible.
- Constituent influence is real. Our second ask is that you share your home Legislative District with us. If you do not know your home district, you can look it up at https://azredistricting.org/districtlocator/. If you prefer, you can send us your home address and we will look it up for you. Be assured we will not use your home address information for any reason.
- Sign on as a supporter of our grassroots effort through Arizonans for Fair Contracting. Doing so will ensure that you get timely updates on the progress of the bill and provide you with access to online tools to contact your Legislators, email committee members, and more.
- Consider donating to help underwrite the cost of our advocacy efforts on your behalf. Contributions made directly to ASA’s Copper Club or Arizonans for Fair Contracting are much needed and greatly appreciated. As this is NOT a PAC contribution, you can use personal or corporate funds and make your contribution by check or credit card (Visa, MC, Amex). You can even call our office and a member of the ASA staff can take your contribution directly. Every donation helps!
In the coming days and weeks, critical advocacy alerts and calls for action will be sent out by me directly with the subject “Advocacy Alert.” When you see these emails, please take a few minutes of your time to read and provide assistance. If you have questions about SB1271 or how you and your company can help, please feel free to reach out to me directly.
Your support of our ongoing advocacy efforts is greatly appreciated,
Carol Floco, CEO
American Subcontractors Association of Arizona, Inc.
4105 N. 20th St., Ste. 230
Phoenix, AZ 85016
(602) 274-8979 ext. 24